- Home /
- Backpack, Extended Day Ruck
Backpack, Four Day Extended Mission, With Hydration Bladder
- 2700 cubic inch capacity
- 2350 cubic inches in main compartment for equipment and gear storage
- Hydration System compatible up to 3L
- Comfortable Suspension System with weight transfer and adjustment straps keeps load stable during movement
- Internal Padded Frame Support System
- Full clamshell opening for easy access
- Interior tie-down straps and exterior compression straps hold gear securely
- Interior Mesh Pouches
- Padded Adjustable Waist Strap
- Reinforced Triple Drag handles
- MODULAR webbing on outside of pack for additional attachment points
- External pouches to compartmentalize load
- Side zipper access to hydration compartment
- Main body: 21.5L x 18W x 6.5H
- Outer top compartment: 12L x 2 1/2W x 15H
- Outer bottom compartment: 12L x 3W x 6H
- External Side Pouches: 4 1/2L x 2W x 8 1/2H
- External Flat Pocket: 6L x 4W x 11H
- Weight: 5.7 lbs
Materials / Construction:
- 1000 Denier Nylon Cordura
- Bar tacked MODULAR webbing for added strength
- Grommet drain holes located on bottom
- Great pack Review by Lloyd on 12/9/2016
I have the Enhanced Three Day (LBT-1476J) in black and the Extended Day Ruck (LBT-2595C) in tan. Both are used almost daily, even if just tossed in the back of the truck for the day. I do wish they made the Extended Day in black again. While I don't mind tan and camo, in todays world those two just attract too much attention for me when I am trying to blend in.
When I ordered the Enhanced Three Day, I thought it would be much smaller than the Extended. It wasn't. If you take the Enhanced pack and add three pockets, you have the outer dimensions of the Extended. Travel wise, they fit in over heads in all planes easily. The exception is some of the little regional jets. I did get it in the over head on one, the pack wasn't full either though. I have tried putting it under the seat, and if it isn't full, and you don't mind it sticking out a little, they can fit. Here again, it can depend on the plane.
Now, what you get with the Extended pack are a lot of great extra features. Straps inside for securing the load, or keeping things separate. Full zip open main compartment, more grab handles. and a slightly different middle pocket organization. That is in addition to the very handy three extra pockets. I am sure I am missing a few others, those are the big ones for me.
The internal straps have been a useful addition, specially when the pack isn't filled with kit. Holds things in place, without them fall to the bottom in a mess to dig through. I also use them to keep fragile things secured, like my spotting scope. Strap it in, and I don't feel it sliding from side to side while moving. Friend of mine uses them to keep their snivel gear secured away from their med kit and food/water. Snivel gear strapped down, the rest organized where he can get at it in a hurry.
Speaking of water, the two side pockets are big enough to hold a 20 oz Hydro Flask with room on the sides. Depending on the lid, the zipper just barely won't close. Leaves about a half inch at the top open. Never had one fall out though. The strap that runs outside the side pocket helps keep it tight. I do have a IFAK in one pocket and it fits nicely.
The large pocket across the bottom of the Extended pack has some nice mesh pockets in it, great for stuffing batteries, boo-boo kit in, or whatever and leave the rest of the pocket free for other things. It also zips all the way open and can lay flat for easy access. Just one more nice feature on this bag.
Comfort wise, both bags carry a load well. I have used both stuffed full and can't say one or the other really feels better with the same load. Quality wise, it is a London Bridge. Enough said on that.
I will say the Extended Day Ruck is my favorite over all. The extras you get with it just make it that much nicer. Now, if I could get it in black...
- Excellent Quality Pack & Intiitive Design... Review by David on 8/15/2016
The extended day pack is by far the best pack I have owned, and quality is priceless when it counts.
This pack has a ton of space, but also not too large if carrying a small to medium load, due to tie-downs, giving you the ability to have a tight and secure pack that stays in place during movement.
This pack has intuitive interior design due to separate compartment, internal pockets (high-end mesh), as well as Velcro, tied downs and elastic.
Bottom line, this pack is super well made, versatile, and made with great materials.
The fit of the Extended Day pack is very comfortable, and you will feel the difference at the end of the day!