- Home /
- Light Infantry Patrol Pack
- The two "load leveling" straps on the suspenders allow for changing the angle of the pack to the back, which allows different muscle groups to come into play. Metal Dee-ring lanyard points are included on the upper padded shoulder strap fronts.
- The internal frame allows 62% of the pack's weight to be transferred to the hips via the tactical padded waist belt.
- This HDPE frame (High Density Polyethylene) has two web channels, each containing a 1/8"W x 1"L x 16"H aluminum stave. These staves may be bent by the wearer to conform to the curve of the back. They also may be removed and used for bone-setting splints.
- The unique suspension system contains two M720 series 60MM rounds and transfers a wearer's weight to the hips via the internal frame system. These rounds may be carried in the shipping tubes. This round carrying system is made from Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE).
- Two M720 rounds may be carried, accessed and removed via the unique side-zipper arrangement. Two compression or cinch straps, help to immobilize the mortar rounds during movement.
- The bottom of the pack has modular webbing attachments that can be used to carry a sleeping pad or rolled personal clothing.
- An outside zippered pocket is positioned outside the mortar round that can hold wet weather gear, gloves, head gear, or personal hygiene items.
- The mortar round carry system may also be replaced with a LDPE lace-in spacer which allows more space for individuals not carrying mortar rounds.
- On the left side of the pack is a sewn-on pocket designed to carry the sleep system. It serves as a compression sac and it provides protection from water (lightweight, waterproof, non-removable lining).
- A pack compartment allows the wearer to carry a 100 oz. hydration bladder (provided) and has hose access to ports on either the right or left shoulder. An internal frame with removable aluminum stays is positioned on the outer section of the compartment. The space is accessed by zipper.
- Double zipper sliders are used throughout the pack and allow the use of a second slider if one is broken.
- A metal tabular buckle is provided on the distant ends of the shoulder straps, in case the acetyl side-release buckle is damaged. In which case the shoulder strap web is simply transferred and threaded through the adjustable metal tabular buckle.
- The shoulder straps may be stowed in the provided space to provide fewer encumbrances in transport.
- Ammunition box LBT-6178A for both 7.62mm and 5.56mm rounds. The easily accessible spare ammunition pocket has adjustable inner dividers for either 7.62MM or 5.56MM linked rounds and has modular webbing attachment points. The compartment is constructed from two layers of 1,000 Denier Cordura® with a core of HDPE to provide security and quietness.
- Load bearing, adjustable, belt for proper weight distribution while carrying heavy loads for extended periods of time. LBT-1647D
- Two small pockets are located on the right pack side. These are accessed via a top zipper closure and have modular webbing attachment points.
- A cleverly designed small top zipper pocket allows the user quick access to important documents or small electronic devices. Headphone cords fit through a unique opening allowing the user to use the electronics without removing the device.
- Four compression or cinch straps, two on each side, provide space reduction and protect the main compartment zipper.
- The main compartment has 3 internal mesh pockets for storage and a removable, padded, T-shaped divider, allowing the creation of three additional compartment spaces.
- At the bottom of the pack is a zippered pocket and modular webbing attachment points that can be used for a sleeping pad or other gear.
- The shoulder straps have an adjustable sternum strap to prevent the straps from slipping off the shoulders.
- Heavy duty reinforced carry handle and unique clam shell zippered compartment handle allow the user to grab the pack quickly without losing equipment.
- The pack is double stitched throughout for added strength. Most sewing utilizes Nylon size E thread (VT295, bonded), with 9 stitches per inch for added strength. Selected areas use "three cord thread" for added durability.
Maintenance Kit (LBT-0101B) included
The kit was designed for in-the-field repair of the bag's hardware.
Kit Consists Of:
- Quick-attach side releases (2, one-inch each) and ladder locks (2)
- Para-cord (2 pieces)
- Main Compartment: 12.5"L x 9"W x 18"H
- Sleeping Bag: 5.5"L x 5.5"W x 13"H
- Small Side Pocket (2): 6"L x 2.25"W x 7"H
- Outside Flap Pockets (2): 6L x 3"W x 7.5"H and 9.5"L x 2.5"W x 6"H
- Bottom Pocket: 16.5"L x 8.5"H
- Overall Dimensions: 23"L x 20.5"W x 13"H
- Material: 1000 Denier Cordura®
- Webbing: (A-A-55301, MIL-W-17337 Cls 2)
- Binding: 1-inch IR binding (MIL-PRF-5038)
- Grommets # 0
- Weight: 8.9 lbs
- Capacity: 3140 cubic inches
- My absolute favorite EDC pack Review by kyled on 5/1/2016
This bag is amazing loaded with features and totally bomb proof I almost never have to even get into the main part of the pack all the exterior pockets hold everything I need on a daily bases the patrol sleeping bag fits with room to spare I keep my sleeping bag and my hatchet and saw and knife in there the two other pockets house my medical kit and food the bottom entry point made for the mirror rounds works well to get to my hammock and wool blanket without having to open the whole pack (not that that's hard but it is convenient ) the bottom zipper pocket holds my gortex suit top and bottom its a tight fit but works and again is nice to not have to dig for it the ammo pouch holds 6 boxes of 50 rd count 9mm ammo and when strapped down makes no noise at all the pals webbing allows for it but I felt no need yo attach anything else to the bag as its so user friendly the packs suspension system is bare bones but very comfortable with a great pull away system of tightening the hip belt all and all amazing pack well worth the money plus always feels good yo support your local economy especially when they work so hard to provide quality product and excellent customer service in sure its not easy watching all the other company exporting there labor get bigger and bigger but they stay true yo there quality and I will always pay more for that as a side note I also have there 5 day jumpable I bought I second hand and the hip belt was missing I contacted LBT and there customer service rep matt had them make me a new one overall great quality great service please keep up the good and hard work LBT.